Senior Legal Cashier
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Legal Cashier for their Merseyside based firm.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Dealing with all daily accounts tasks;
- Checking and posting daily banking, cheque payments and petty cash;
- Checking and posting bills;
- Posting standing orders and direct debits;
- Matching bank statements daily and then reconciling monthly to nominal accounts and client ledgers;
- Reviewing, calculating and applying interest to client balances;
- Reviewing client balances for costs and residual balances and liaising with fee earners;
- Checking of probate distribution accounts and completion statements;
- Costs transfers and inter a/c transfers;
- Dealing with client creations, conflict check and file closures;
- Posting nominal expenses and dealing with branch and department allocations;
- Dealing with Telegraphic, faster and international payments;
- Dealing with deposit accounts, payments to and from;
- Assisting with supplier statements and liaising with fee earners;
- Identify and log breaches and to stop breaches reoccurring;
- Any other tasks that may reasonably be required
Experience and Personal Qualities
- The main qualifications for this position are experience of legal cashier work for a period in a firm;
- Ideally hold ILFM Qualifications;
- The jobholder must display a pleasant manner in dealing with colleagues, contacts and clients.
- Tact and resilience are essential qualities;
- An effective communicator, both numerate and literate;
- Personally efficient, well organised and competent in the firm’s computer facilities.
- You are expected to have a good working knowledge of SARS.
- Good experience and knowledge of Legal accounts systems and Microsoft applications.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]