Our client, based in Prestwich are looking to recruit a Senior Legal Cashier for their very busy firm.
You will be acting as a contact for billing queries, ensuring the firm’s database is correct from an internal perspective and in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARs).
Main duties include:
- Daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- Maintaining petty cash procedures for the administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions, including postings
- The processing of bank transfers
- Preparation of BACS and cheques payments
- The administration of the purchase ledger and posting purchase ledger invoices
- Financial management reporting as required
- Assisting with preparation for annual accounts
- Assistance with information required for Lexcel audit and accreditation
- Liaising with departments and clients regarding accounting transactions & any queries that may arise; timely response to fee earners’ queries
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
We are looking for:
- Trained in the principles of book-keeping and preferably with sound experience in legal cashiering
- Computer literacy
- Have the confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels and to liaise with all parties both internal and external
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A willing and able attitude
- If you have up to date knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules (SAR) and compliance and/or experience in working as a legal cashier within a solicitors firm would be a distinct advantage.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]