We are currently recruiting for a Senior Information Officer for our clients firm in Liverpool.
Responsible to the Head of Information Services, the Senior Information Officer is part of the Library and Research Team within Information Services (which also includes information governance, knowledge and records management and management of the firm’s intranet).
Working as part of their virtual “InfoDesk” you will answer enquiries from across the business, deliver legal and commercial research, and provide alerting / updating services and other outputs using online and print resources. As they are increasingly moving towards online and minimising print, it is essential that you are both confident in using online information assets and their supporting technologies, and able to promote their use and maximise their potential.
Successful candidate must have,
• A degree or professional / postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) in an information services or related discipline
• Previous similar experience in a professional services or commercial environment
• Proficient in “traditional” library management skills – acquisitions, cataloguing and organisation of resources
• Experience with library management systems admin (KnowAll preferred)
• Working knowledge of legal and commercial databases (eg Lexis, Nexis, Westlaw, Practical Law, Lawtel, Linex, iLaw, Experian MarketIQ etc)
• Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, document management systems, databases etc
• Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, across a wide audience from senior lawyers to administrative support staff
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]