We are looking for a Senior Conveyancing Clerk for within the Residential Property department of our clients firm in Liverpool.
Role will include but not be limited to,
• Progress legal work on sale and purchase property matters, utilising the case management system provided under the supervision of the head of Conveyancing.
• Draft forms, correspondence and other documents.
• Ensure that all client money and cheques are correctly accounted for and promptly banked
• Ensure all financial transactions are correctly recorded to the casefile and practice management system
• To attend any training or development activities as reasonably requested by line manager
• To assist with the work of other caseworkers/departments as required
• Appropriate communication and co-operation with all other relevant personnel/departments
• Ensure the accuracy and compliance of all financial transactions put forward for authorisation of payment or receipt
• Provide accurate and timely updates to the head of Conveyancing as routine and on request
• To make any casework, electronic or physical files available to the any supervising solicitor, head of Conveyancing or director on request
• Ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence and other relevant work is provided through post checking procedures
• To provide appropriate support and guidance to subordinate clerks and administrators within the department as defined by the line manager
• Identify and refer all inquiries or issues outside the designated remit, authority or competence, initial to the solicitor for advice/resolution
• Ensure completion and satisfactory outcome of all relevant procedural checks including conflict checks and client identity verification prior to undertaking substantive work on matters.
• Maintain accurate, orderly, up to date computerised and manual records of all communication and steps taken, to include client/matter database, document history and legal case-files in line with procedures
• Maintain an accurate and effective electronic diary system for all legal work to include appointments, key dates, actions, and ensure deadlines are met.
• Ensure delegated tasks and routine administrative duties are completed
• To at all times comply with the relevant professional guidelines to include the current edition of the SRA code of conduct, solicitors accounts rules, money laundering regulations and to alert a director, or in the case of money laundering, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, immediately on awareness or suspicion of a breach or potential breach
Experience and qualifications
• English and maths skills to at least GCSE A-C level
• Experience- previous experience handling a caseload of residential Conveyancing matters
• Knowledge and application of professional conduct rules to include client care, confidentiality and security issues within legal firms
• Knowledge and application of relevant guidance to include the money laundering regulations
• IT literate
• Knowledge and application of Conveyancing processes
Full time permanent role.
Salary £25-35,000 dependent on experience.
For more information please contact [email protected]