Recoveries Legal Advisor
ACS are looking for a Recoveries Legal Advisor (Litigation) to join the Birkenhead office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a caseload of RTA recovery cases, whilst delivering robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on maximising recoveries within agreed timescales.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for a high volume caseload of recovery files.
- Dealing with cases with a denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- Progressing your caseload in a manner to ensure that source and lay clients receive appropriate, professional, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Identifying early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate.
- Ensuring that the case management system is used and updated at all times.
- Using all communication mediums to ensure that cases are progressed as quickly as practicable.
- Liaising appropriately and timely with sources, experts, third party insurers, the Court and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- Being able to assess liability and quantum; including reviewing, researching and obtaining relevant case laws.
- Achieving own and help the team achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, monies recovered and lifecycles without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business
Requirements of the candidate include:
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of RTA recovery or ULR claims
- Practical experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of liability issues.
- Resilient – able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
For more information on this role, please contact Ste[email protected]