My client is looking for a Private Client Paralegal / Solicitor for their firm in Cumbria.
To assist the Departmental Head by carrying out allocated duties in a discreet and efficient manner, meeting with clients’ needs whilst contributing to the overall cost effective management of the department.
- Assisting in the work of the department by ensuring that tasks and clients allocated are dealt with promptly, and in a cost effective and efficient manner in accordance with the policies and regulations set by the firm and the Code of Conduct of the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Liaising with the Departmental Head and other staff to optimise the workload of the department.
- Liaising with the Departmental Head and other staff to ensure adequate cover within the department at all times, and to attend to clients of other fee earners in their absence, where this is appropriate.
- Prioritise your workload, maintaining accurate records of time spent on all activities, ensuring that bills are presented on time and that the agreed procedures within the business relating to matter management and file control are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain a fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives and in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Monitoring personal performance against agreed targets and objectives, and also the performance of staff for whom you are directly responsible, highlighting areas of inefficiency and ineffectiveness, taking action where necessary to improve any deficiencies.
- Attending upon clients to take instructions and advising on the most appropriate course of action to meet clients’ needs; taking appropriate action in executing clients’ instructions in a timely manner.
- Maintain competence through relevant CPD activities whilst ensuring a personal development portfolio and relevant training records, which satisfy the current regulations and requirements as specified by The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), are kept updated
- Keep informed of all changes in the law and practice in your own area of work.
- Undertaking other duties of a reasonable nature which may be requested from time to time including marketing activities
For more information on this position please email [email protected]