We are currently recruiting for a Practice Manager for an established legal firm on Merseyside.
Overview of Desirable Qualities, Skills & Experience
- Prior experience as practice manager or equivalent role within a professional services firm/company.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team whilst accepting individual responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Confident and enthusiastic – prepared to put forward ideas and give constructive advice.
- Pays attention to detail – able to forensically analyse all assumptions
- Experience in complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules, previous experience of COFA role.
Duties will include,
Human Resource Management
- Manage recruitment including identification of role vacancies, preparation of job descriptions, advertising and interviewing and assessing candidates.
- Manage all personnel files to include contracts, grievances, disciplinary and absences whilst ensuring appropriate cover at all times.
- Maintaining continuous professional development and training records.
- Ensuring compliance with Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation.
- Liaise with the firm’s Bankers as required
- Liaise with fee earners and monitor their aged debts/disbs, matter balances and to provide support and training where necessary.
- Monitor and improve cost savings on all office expenditure.
- Prepare fee earner and management monthly accounts reports including but not limited to Trial Balance, Balance sheet, P&L, Bills analysis, aged debts/disbs, new matters, no movement and matter balances.
- Aged debt collection
- Ensure that there are appropriate internal financial controls operating within the practice.
- Ensure that the firm complies with the current Money Laundering legislation and regulations.
- Liaise with the firm’s Accountants as required and provide all information required for the preparation of the annual accounts and the conduct of the Solicitors Accounts Rules audit.
- To assist accounts department when required.
IT, Office Administration & Premises Management
- Ensure practice compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure that the practice obtains good value for the services it receives.
- Ensure telephones, printers; computers, faxes, copiers and other office machinery are all well maintained and appropriate for the needs of the practice.
- Maintain appropriate insurance policies, including the renewal of the firm’s indemnity insurance collecting all necessary data for proposal forms.
- Renewal of Practising Certificate and Equality & Diversity report.
- Ensure firms Risk Management policy and risk register are up to date and effective.
- Develop IT resources within practice including the progression of the accounts software.
- Day to day management of the firm’s premises and equipment.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]uitment.co.uk