We are currently recruiting for a Practice Manager for a Solicitors firm in Merseyside.
The role of Practice Manager covers the following range of areas:-
Financial management and supervising the accounts department
Human resource management
IT, Office administration and premises management
Compliance – SARs, HM Customs VAT regulations, Complaints Management, Health & Safety, Money Laundering, Data Protection, Code of Conduct regulations, CQS accreditation.
• Prepare fee earner and management monthly accounts reports including but not limited to Trial Balance, Balance sheet, P&L, Bills analysis, aged debts, new matters, no movement and matter balances.
• Aged debt collection
• Ensure that there are appropriate internal financial controls operating within the practice.
• Ensure that the firm complies with the current Money Laundering legislation and regulations.
• Liaise with the firm’s Accountants as required and provide all information required for the preparation of the annual accounts and the conduct of the Solicitors Accounts Rules audit.
• Liaise with the firm’s Bankers as required
• Liaise with fee earners and monitor their aged debts, matter balances and to provide support and training where necessary.
• Monitor and improve cost savings on all office expenditure
Human Resource Management
• Manage all personnel files to include contracts, grievances, disciplinary and absences whilst ensuring appropriate cover at all times.
• Manage recruitment including identification of role vacancies, preparation of job descriptions, advertising and interviewing and assessing candidates.
• Maintaining continuous professional development and training records.
• Ensuring compliance with Employment Law and Health & Safety Legislation.
IT, Office Administration & Premises Management
• Maintain appropriate insurance policies, including the renewal of the firm’s indemnity insurance collecting all necessary data for proposal forms.
• Ensure practice compliance with the Data Protection Act.
• Negotiate with suppliers to ensure that the practice obtains good value for the services it receives.
• Ensure telephones, printers; computers, faxes, copiers and other office machinery are all well maintained and appropriate for the needs of the practice.
• Renewal of Practising Certificate and Equality & Diversity report.
• Ensure firms Risk Management policy and risk register are up to date and effective.
• Manage IT within practice, work closely with IT company to push forward the IT resources. Develop IT resources within practice including the progression of the accounts software.
• Day to day management of the firm’s premises and equipment.
Desirable Qualities, Skills & Experience
• Prior experience as practice manager or equivalent role within a professional services firm/company.
• Willing and able to work as part of a team whilst accepting individual responsibility and ownership of tasks.
• Confident and enthusiastic – prepared to put forward ideas and give constructive advice.
• Pays attention to detail – able to forensically analyse all assumptions
• Experience in complying with Solicitors Accounts Rules, previous experience of COFA role.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd (www.acs-recruitment.co.uk)are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.