We are currently recruiting for a Post Completion Team Assistant for our client based in Liverpool City Centre.
Our Client is a commercial award winning, multi skilled practice which has offices across the country.
The following services are undertaken by the Post Completion team:-
- Opening both an electronic and (empty) paper file upon receipt of e-mail instructions from fee earner
- Diarising the SDLT deadline and OS search expiry date
- Adding new instruction to post completion schedule
- Preparation of SDLT calculations and returns for client approval (* also see below)
- Sending SDLT return to client for approval and requesting payment (if not already requested by fee earner) – this includes explaining how any tax has been calculated, and providing guidance notes on the potential need for further returns on rent reviews/holding over, and also whether any relief claimed could be repayable.
- Submission of SDLT return and payment of tax if applicable
- Preparation of electronic Land Registry application forms
- Diarising cancellation dates when Land Registry requisitions are received and asking for extensions if necessary.
- Maintaining the Task List to check on submitted Land Registry applications ( to check that they have not been cancelled by Land Registry in error)
- On receipt of the completed application from Land Registry, briefly checking that the transaction has been registered in the name of the client or leases noted, easements registered against superior title and that the plan matches that in the lease/TP1.
- Updating Post completion schedule, and saving electronic completed documents into worksite
- When time permits, the team will help out and deal with any Land Registry requisitions regardless of their nature, providing the team is able to do so.
- Providing SDLT advice to fee earners, including performing more complex calculations.
- 25 days Annual Leave per annum – increasing to 32 days
- Private Healthcare
- Prolonged (Long Term) Disability Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Employee Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity
- Buy and Release Annual Leave Scheme
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.