Portal Legal Advisor
ACS are recruiting a Portal Legal Advisor to work within a law firm based in Merseyside.
To manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RSA cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
Person Specification – Essential
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Resilient – able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Member/Fellow of CILEx
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in personal injury.
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]