Portal Legal Advisor
ACS are looking for a Portal Legal Advisor to join the Birkenhead office of a well-established law firm on a full time basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RSA cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
Requirements of the candidate include:
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Member/Fellow of CILEx
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Resilient – able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]