Portal Fee Earner
We are recruiting for a Portal Fee Earner for our clients Liverpool based firm.
To manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal RTA cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate. These cases will all have an element of head injury and it will be part of your role to identify and escalate cases where the Client has a head injury (or other serious injury) that may take it outside the portal. You will be supervised and supported by senior lawyer within the team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
Experience & Knowledge
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal claims, or hands on experience of managing tasks relating to such cases.
- Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
- Good attention to detail, focusing on delivering a quality service
- Being a Member/Fellow of CILEx would desirable but is not essential
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]