We are currently looking to appoint a Police Station Accredited Representative/Legal Clerk for our clients firm on Merseyside.
Our client deals with a range of criminal matters – general crime, fraud and motoring offences. They specialise in providing advice and representation on all aspects of crime and motor offences.
The candidate must be accredited and have experience of running a mixed caseload of criminal cases.
It is essential that the candidate is able to take part in the Police Station out of hours rota and be available to work outside of normal working hours when required, including weekends.
The candidate must be familiar with police station, court and chambers procedures and etiquette.
The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic and the role requires a great deal of organisation and the ability to work quickly, confidently and efficiently.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Running/assisting with progressing cases from inception to completion.
- Police Station Attendances during core working hours and on an out of hour’s rota scheme.
- Working through a case management system workflow so as to complete certain stages and generate letters following police station and court attendances.
- Carrying out a variety of tasks generated by the case management system workflow, as designated by the Advocates.
- Securing new business from new client enquiries.
- Telephone enquiries, daily correspondence and face to face interaction with clients.
- Accurate diary usage and updating case management systems.
- Liaising with other parties in relation to queries or concerns – duty call centres/police and the courts.
- Attending court where necessary.
- Long distance travel will be required as and when necessary to attend court/police stations etc.
- Overnight stays will be required for certain periods of time to cover long distance trials.
- Supervise the Administration Clerks as and when required.
To be considered for this role, candidate must have:
- Experience as a Police Station Accredited Representative.
- Experienced in taking enquiries and giving initial legal and procedural advice, taking instructions by telephone and email, liaising with court and CPS. General case preparation including instructing experts and briefing solicitors and/or Counsel.
- Ability to run a caseload under supervision.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced department working to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system.
- Good working knowledge of legal databases.
- Commercial attitude with ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Well presented, enthusiastic, punctual, confident, and self-motivated with the ability to motivate their team.
- Professional, articulate with good sales skills and be comfortable persuading prospective clients of the benefits of instructing our firm and be adept at obtaining funds.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]