We are currently recruiting for a Planning Lawyer for a firm in Manchester.
Role duties includes:
- Providing strategic advice on greenfield and brownfield sites: working closely with our clients, their architects and planning consultants to devise a strategy for securing development.
- Reviewing planning application documentation: the environmental statement, design and access statement and application plans as well as the draft committee report to de-risk the application and minimise the prospects of any legal challenge succeeding.
- Advising on the financial obligations and opportunities that affect scheme viability including section 106 agreements, the community infrastructure levy and tax increment finance.
- Advising on and managing disputes whether defending or bringing a judicial review or statutory challenge.
- Managing public inquiries whether following a planning appeal, call-in or to secure confirmation of a compulsory purchase order
- Advising on major infrastructure projects and representations to the Infrastructure Planning Commission.
Our lawyers are actively involved in our local markets and engaged with central government to develop law and policy; representing our clients’ interests to achieve a planning system that is fast, responsive and effective.
For more information on this role, please email [email protected] or call 0151 709 3960