Personal Injury Litigator
ACS are recruiting for a Litigator for the Personal Injury department of a law firm in Liverpool.
To manage a caseload of Fast Track RTA cases through all stages of the investigation and litigation process.
Responsibilities and duties
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- At least 2 years previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
- Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time.
- A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]