Paralegal/Fee Earner – Industrial Disease
We are looking for a Paralegal/Fee Earner for our clients Industrial Disease Department.
For the right sort of candidate this is a great opportunity to join a fast paced leading Liverpool law firm.
Candidates will have experience in Noise Induced Hearing loss, vibration white finger and asbestos claims along with proclaim experience.
Candidates must have at least 6 months experience within I.D. If they have recently transfer to an ID role and have litigation experience from another PI sector they would be considered.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
- Taking initial calls with Clients and vetting claims at the outset; keeping up-to-date with changes in legislation and key case law decisions; being aware of limitation and causation issues at every step of each claim.
- Drafting instructions to Counsel to prepare pleadings; drafting witness statements; valuing claims, making Part 36 offers and negotiating settlements.
- Prepare for trial proceedings by organising evidence; preparing statements; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking conference/courtroom notes.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Reviewing medical and personnel records to identify any issues that may affect the prospects of a claim; drafting chronologies; instructing medical experts; always aware of the commercial aspects of each claim.
- Organising and monitoring a task list to ensure all files are dealt with efficiently and promptly; ensuring all Court dates are met; preparing responses to Third Party Insurers and Solicitors.
- Maintaining good relationships with third parties and clients; drafting pre action disclosure applications.
- Helping to develop cases by maintaining a proactive approach; preparing and forwarding court correspondence; drafting documents; keeping clients informed by maintaining contact ensuring to update the client every 28 days.
For more information, please contact [email protected]