ACS are recruiting for a Paralegal Assistant for a law firm in Meresyside.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- To progress own case/ assisted fee earner’s case load efficiently to both satisfy the client and maximise the Firm’s interests.
- Liaise with the source of work and manage their expectations in respect of quality and service
- Take initial instructions from clients
- Assess funding requirements
- Investigate liability / assessing quantum / under supervision
- Liaise with Insurers
- Advising clients
- To liaise with and take instructions from the Team Manager.
- Effective use of Firm’s case management system
- Manage own case load/ assisted fee earner’s load efficiently
- Litigation work subject to experience and expertise
- Negotiating settlements / under supervision
- Prepare predictive costs calculations and possibly negotiate / instructing costs team on costs disputes
- Compliance with office procedures
- Compliance with Offer Procedures – Ensuring that only the correct information (particularly in relation to offer procedures), is loaded on to the case management system and where a letter is registered as being sent – it must always have been sent. In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the previous form.
- Instructing Costs Team for Schedules and Advice were required
- Provide assistance to team members
- Any other duties that may be required of you by the Firm from time to time
File Handling Responsibilities
- Effectively manage their own case load/ assisted fee earner’s case load
- Investigate limitation, liability, causation and assess quantum/ under supervision
- Advise clients and take initial instructions from them
- Evidence gathering and negotiation work
- Compliance with pre-issue protocols and court directions under supervision
- Preparing and collating documents for Trials/Hearings/Interlocutory Applications/ Infant Approvals – under supervision
- Liaise with Barristers and service providers and provide instructions were necessary to ensure cases are progressed pro-actively
- Comply with office procedures
- Draft documents where appropriate
- To dictate/type as required, all non-standard documents
- To use the Firm’s computer package effectively
- Transfer files for the issue of proceedings and meet all deadlines accordingly
- Any other duty that may be required by the Firm from time to time
Qualifications/skills required to perform role
- Minimum 2 years service within a law firm.
- Qualification in Law preferred
- Qualification in GCSE English Language Grade B or above/equivalent
- Full drivers license
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.