We are recruiting for a Paralegal for the RTA department of a law firm on Merseyside.
Duties will include,
- Effective use of Firm’s case management system
- Manage own case load efficiently
- Investigate liability / assessing quantum
- Liaise with Insurers
- Advising clients
- Litigation work subject to experience and expertise
- Negotiating settlements
- Prepare predictive costs calculations and possibly negotiate
- Provide assistance to team members
- Liaise with referrers and manage their expectations in respect of quality and service
- Take initial instructions from clients
- Assess funding requirements
- Compliance with office procedures
- Weekly reports to Team Manager
- Any other duties that may be required of you by the Firm from time to time
File Handling Responsibilities
- Effectively manage their own case load
- Draft documents where appropriate
- To dictate/type as required, all non-standard documents
- To use the Firm’s computer package effectively
- Evidence gathering and negotiation work
- Compliance with pre-issue protocols
- Comply with office procedures
- Investigate limitation, liability, causation and assess quantum
- Advise clients and take initial instructions from them
- Transfer files for the issue of proceedings and meet all deadlines accordingly
- Ensure that all incoming calls are answered either as agreed with our referrers or at least on receipt and if not that they are responded to within 24 hours, but preferably the same day as received, with minimal use of voicemail.
- Any other duty that may be required by the Firm from time to time
Qualifications/skills required to perform role
- Minimum 2 years service with the Firm
- Qualification in Law preferred
- Qualification in GCSE English Language Grade B or above/equivalent
- Full drivers license
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.