Orthopaedic Injuries Fee Earner
ACS are now recruiting for an Orthopaedic Injuries Fee Earner on behalf of our client, a successful law firm based in Birkenhead.
Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated personal injury claims predominantly of an Orthopaedic and/or technical nature.
- Be able to obtain relevant and necessary evidence (medical or otherwise), liaising with medical experts as necessary
- Deal with claims whether soft tissue or Orthopaedic in nature, whether they be portal, fast rack or multi track but with the intention of maximising damages for the client, by considering and pursuing all relevant heads of loss.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay and/or insurance clients
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s, JSMs etc, when necessary
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from clients
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Build a rapport by speaking/meeting with clients when possible to ensure a consistency of service and to ensure insurers loyalty to the Firm
- Check the authenticity and validity of claims by speaking with clients regularly on potentially difficult files
- Obtain all relevant documentation from clients at the outset.
- Ensure that the correct medical or other evidence is obtained in order that the claim can be advanced and/or maximised.
- Prioritise Court directions ensuring all directions are complied with in a timely manner
- Ensure clients are kept informed and up to date on a regular basis throughout the life of the claim.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Prioritise incoming daily post/emails and dealing with anything needing urgent attention while the remainder of the post is dealt with expeditiously and in order of importance and productivity
- Assist new or less experienced members of the team with any issues in terms of clients, referrers, external agencies and procedure etc.
- Liaise with Multi Track Team Manager or Head of Technical to take more contentious files and deal with them under supervision to expand knowledge and experience
- Where applicable increase numbers of multi-track cases within caseload to further develop own level of experience
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to WIP, fee income, settlements, closures and issuing
- Build a relationship with clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the Firm and the service it provides
- Ensure that any relevant insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims to reduce any potential exposure/liability and to increase saving
- Maintain pro- active communication with clients to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
Experience and Knowledge
- Have a good understanding of experience in handling RTA claims
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 3-5 years’ experience in the personal injury field
- A proven track record of running a successful portal, fast and/or multi-track caseload within a personal injury environment
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of VF or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge.
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]