We are currently recruiting for an Office Manager for a firm in Manchester.
Successful candidate will be expected to run day to day office duties. Such as the following:
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Managing filing systems;
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
- Recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- Organising and chairing meetings with your staff – in lower paid roles this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, but senior managers usually have an administrative assistant to do this;
- Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction;
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies;
- Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
- Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- Promoting staff development and training;
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
- Writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
- Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Attending conferences and training.
For more information on this position please email [email protected].