ACS are recruiting for a NQ Solicitor for a firm in Warrington.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviewing clients, witnesses and then preparing statements
- Drafting documents/pleadings
- Instructing Experts/counsel
- Pursuing matters through correspondence and court proceedings
- Negotiating on behalf of clients by telephone and correspondence
- Attending before District Judge or tribunals as required
- Advising clients, orally, in writing and by telephone
- Carrying out appropriate searches and registrations
- Claiming and receiving costs and accounting/reporting to clients
- Any other task relating to legal casework
- To follow Treating Customers Fairly policy on each case, ensuring the best outcome is achieved.
- To comply with and be up to date with all aspects of compliance, Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering and financial crime awareness
- Assisting Paralegals with day to day cases
Knowledge and Skills/Requirements
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Able to build good relationships with internal and external people at all different levels
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation and work closely with other team members displaying trust and loyalty
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask, prioritise and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time
- Excellent time management organisational skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Educated to degree level, in Law
- LPC / BVC qualified essential.
- Relevant experience within a financial services firm
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]