My client is looking for a Multi Track/PI Fee Earner for their clients firm in Merseyside.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated personal injury claims mainly of a high (multi track) value and/or technical nature
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Have a good understanding of experience in handling multi track/SI claims
- Be able to obtain relevant and necessary evidence (medical or otherwise), liaising with medical experts as necessary
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s, JSMs etc.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay and/or insurance clients
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from clients
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to WIP, fee income, settlements, closures and issuing
- Ensure that the correct medical or other evidence is obtained in order that the claim can be advanced and/or maximised.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Prioritise incoming daily post/emails and dealing with anything needing urgent attention while the remainder of the post is dealt with expeditiously and in order of importance and productivity of multi-track/SI cases within caseload to further develop own level of experience
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 5 years’ experience in the personal injury field
- A proven track record of running a successful fast , multi-track and/or SI caseload within a personal injury environment
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]