We are recruiting for a Head of Marketing for an established law firm on Merseyside.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Responsible for developing and leading the marketing strategy across the firm, including sector analysis, the production of cross departmental marketing plans and competitor research;
- Responsible for the production and supported commentary of marketing management reports;
- Responsible for budget setting and control decisions with the Financial Director and Partners. Responsible for the financial performance of all marketing led initiatives;
- Management of Marketing Assistant(s);
- Management of marketing supplier relationships and third party service delivery;
- Supporting the firm’s business development plans, ensuring marketing activity is aligned with overall strategy;
- Responsible for management and use of marketing data;
- Responsible for defining and managing the brand, and sub brands, to effectively position all of the firm’s legal service disciplines within the desired marketplace;
- Responsible for marketing compliance and managing all risk approval process; developing and cascading best practice, coaching teams; advisory role in crisis management. Must be knowledgeable of DMA, ICO, ASA/CAP;
- Responsible for department recruitment and staff development with the Practice Management to develop a marketing team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and efficient;
- Responsible for the integration of marketing within the whole firm, to ensure that the department optimises its use of shared services throughout the firm;
- Assist the firm to meet its objectives, live the values and culture and to practice company policies.
- Conducting market research such as customer questionnaires and focus groups;
- Translating sector line objectives to develop a consistent and cohesive brand portfolio and plans that will facilitate business growth;
- Responsible for leading website development and online project management;
- Responsible for the development of search strategy, including SEO and PPC, as a key acquisition channel;
- Responsible for the management of third party digital supplier(s);
- Responsible for online copywriting, including legal services web page content;
- To undertake the lead advisory role for all online and social media compliance;
- Responsible for online performance management reporting, where knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords is desirable.
- Responsible for the development of social media strategy to improve brand awareness and client acquisition. Experience in social media use in professional services sector is desirable but not essential;
- Responsible for the development and delivery of firm wide communication strategies and collateral, within budget and timescales;
- Responsible for the copywriting of all marketing collateral including, department brochures, service guides, newsletters, presentations, tenders and advertisements;
- Assist with the continuous development of departmental blog ideas and copywriting;
- Responsible for the production of creative tenders;
- Responsible for the management of third party design and production agencies;
- Taking the advisory lead on presentation skills across the firm. Offer presentation technique guidance across the firm;
- Responsible for event management across the firm, both internal and external, including, corporate hospitality, business networking, seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
- Responsible for leading and managing all outbound and inbound marketing campaigns;
- Responsible for sourcing suitable advertising opportunities in the media;
- Responsible for PR strategy across the firm; Understanding of how the media works; be well versed in preparing and advising on PR crisis management; be comfortable working with (& dealing with) journalists and editors;
- Responsible for internal engagement of PR representatives and training/support;
- Responsible for leading effective working relationships with key media outlets, including local and national newspapers, trade magazines, radio, television and the firms PR representatives;
- Responsible for the management and supervision of PR Assistant(s) and/or PR consultant(s);
- Responsible for editorial compliance;
- Manage and attend media related events;
- Drafting and editing press releases and by-line articles to high standard consistent with company messaging and editorial guidelines;
- Manage speaking opportunities and awards programs;
- Serve as company spokesperson on occasion;
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you must have the skills to complete the above tasks and also the following additional skills:
- A minimum of 4 years marketing experience at supervisory and strategic level.
- Excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and take a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to create positive working relationships.
- Ability to use own initiative with a `can-do` attitude and positive approach.
- Ability to motivate and empower others to reach their goals.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers and to work as part of an effective team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, honesty, professionalism and adhering to and understanding the importance of confidentiality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, friendly, helpful and self-motivated.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional manner.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]