ACS are recruiting for a Litigator to join a well established Merseyside based firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a caseload of general litigious matters in areas including (but not exclusively)
- Debt recovery enforcement
- Third party outlay recovery, RTA, EL,PL
- Recovery against own client/policyholders for and/or behalf of insurer clients
- General RTA claims
- Credit Hire claims and/or claims involving allegations of LVI
The successful candidate must have experience in,
- Handling, dealing or advising in matters in the areas of law referred to in paragraphs a-e above.
- Dealing with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated claims and /or any files of a technical nature which they may from time to time be asked to advise on, handle and/or progress.
- Progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Prioritising urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Instructing Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc
- The successful candidate must have relevant experience of having handled matters of a general nature
- Must have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, procedure and/or case law.
- The successful candidate should be a Solicitor and/or Filex with at least 2 years PQE
Duties will include,
- Checking the authenticity and validity of claims by speaking with clients regularly on potentially difficult files
- Liaising with Team Leader and/or Head of Department to take more contentious files and deal with them under supervision to expand knowledge and experience
- Where applicable increase number of more technical/complex cases within caseload to further develop own level of experience
- Achieving and exceeding various targets set in relation to fee income, closures and issuing etc
- Ensuring all files that are not to be progressed are closed in a timely manner
- Covering colleagues’ work and dealing with urgent post etc in their absence
- Taking calls for colleagues when they are absent or away from their desk to ensure the client/referrer can speak to someone
- Liaising and communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc
- Carrying out regular and timely cabinet reviews
- Dealing with files on 4/8 week lists as priority and ensuring that the “Not Worked on List “ is kept to a minimum
- Maintaining pro- active communication with clients to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
- Discussing liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Prioritising incoming daily post/emails and dealing with anything needing urgent attention while the remainder of the post is dealt with expeditiously and in order of importance and productivity
- Assisting new or less experienced members of the team with any issues in terms of clients, referrers, external agencies and procedure etc
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]