Litigation Team Manager
ACS are currently recruiting for a Litigation Team Manager for an established legal firm on Merseyside.
- To provide full supervisory support and guidance on technical issues involving quantum, liability and litigation.
- Manage team performance in line with business and team objectives, be accountable for their financial performance and delivery against the agreed KPIs.
- Conduct regular 1-2-1 meetings, and quarterly reviews for all team members and fully document them.
- Ensure the team delivers an excellent level of customer service, is managing the client’s expectations and proactively progressing their claim.
- To provide effective people management to the team and drive the right behaviours
- To ensure that the team are achieving the right outcome for clients and optimising each client’s claim.
- Monitor workloads and allocate work as necessary.
- To ensure understanding and compliance with internal SLAs, policies and procedures.
- Managing the risk within your team including completion of Supervisor entries, producing and monitoring relevant reports such as Not Worked on (NWOs) and Limitations.
- To highlight any potential risks to senior management and the Compliance department.
- Handle complaints in accordance with the firm’s internal Complaints Procedure.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- To review and complete all agreed management checks, such as Directions, audits and Limitation supervisor entries and analyse daily MI.
- Keep up to date with all industry changes including case law, legislation and other matters of relevance.
- Liaise with Senior Management and HR regarding any staff issues.
Successful candidate must,
- Be a Qualified Solicitor, Member/fellow of CILEx or experienced Case handler with at least 5 years’ litigation case handling experience in the personal injury sector.
- Have strong communication skills and ability to lead by example. Confidence to challenge accepted working practices and offer solutions.
- Have previous team management experience to include achieving objectives, performance management, motivating staff.
- Have the ability to provide clear direction and take accountability for the team’s performance and objectives
- Be competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]