Litigation Legal Advisor
ACS are now recruiting a Litigation Legal Advisor to work within a busy law firm based in Birkenhead.
- To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
- The successful candidate must be “a biker” – in terms of having experience in owning and/or riding a motorbike.
- To manage a caseload of motorbike Fast Track RTA cases through all stages of the investigation and litigation process.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of motorbike Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
Experience and Knowledge
- Must have experience of biking or currently be a biker.
- Excellent litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate appropriate settlements at the optimum time.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- At least 2 years previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA litigated claims.
- Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Focus on delivering quality service to clients and the firm.
- A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law
- Experience of undertaking own advocacy at County Court level.
- Resilient – able to deal with fast paced changing environment whilst still achieving objectives.
- Takes opportunities to develop and stretch themselves and be passionate about developing a career in personal injury.
- Solicitor or Member/Fellow of CILEx
- Team player and acts as a role model to colleagues, working to achieve business and team goals.
- Maintains a positive attitude, self-motivated and uses own initiative.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]