Litigation Fee Earner
We are currently recruiting for a number of Litigation Fee Earners for our clients firm in West Yorkshire.
To manage a caseload of Fast Track RTA cases through all stages of the investigation and litigation process.
To deliver robust quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income and to contribute to the general success of the business.
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA claims, making use of the firm’s Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To deal with cases with denial of liability and causation arguments with minimal supervision.
- To be able to assess liability and quantum to include reviewing medical reports, researching and obtaining relevant case law, drafting schedules of special damages and assessing suitable awards for compensation
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm’s internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum and liability.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]