Legal Secretary – Real Estate
We are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to cover Maternity leave – 12 months fixed term contract in the Real Estate department of our clients firm in Manchester.
Successful applicant will make sure that client service standards are maintained by applying a full range of secretarial and administrative skills.
You will have strong administration, organisational and communication skills, and have an ability to work for multiple fee earners and cross-disciplines.
Duties will include but not be limited to,
• Comply with all aspects of the firm’s core value of strong client relationships.
• Manage incoming correspondence, emails, telephone calls and filing.
• Answer telephone calls in line with the firm’s policy.
• As appropriate, meet clients when they come to the office, for example to collect or leave documents for the fee earners.
• Take responsibility for alerting the appropriate person regarding any feedback received from a client.
• Anticipate and consider client needs.
• Use plain English in all communications and ensure information is presented in a clear, logical and structured way.
• Professional attitude in face to face conversations or telephone calls.
• When appropriate, make file notes of meetings or telephone calls.
• Investigate problems to produce a satisfactory solution for the client.
• Make recommendations for continuous improvement of client experiences and processes.
• Complete and submit any relevant standard searches.
• Complete and file any relevant official forms.
• Compile legal documents if appropriate.
• Compile document bundles as and when used in your practice area and ensure that they are professionally presented and fit for purpose.
• Understand and follow the legal processes involved in your team’s area of law.
• Read firm communications and support new initiatives.
• Work within and adhere to all of the firm’s policies and procedures eg absence reporting, holiday booking.
• Comply with the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering procedures.
• Comply with the firm’s Records Management procedures
• Adhere to Client Service Standards.
• Make yourself familiar with and comply in all respects with any new policies.
• Successful applicant must have at least Educated to an A level standard, or equivalent.
• Previous legal secretary experience in real estate
• Excellent knowledge of Word XP and Outlook
• Strong and accurate audio typing skills
• IT literate and a willingness to learn new skills
• Excellent grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm
• Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge of track changes and/or Deltaview, iManage and InterAction
For more details on this role, please contact [email protected]