We are recruiting for an experienced Legal Secretary for the Housing and Regeneration department of a Manchester base law firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce correspondence and legal documentation via audio and copy typing maintaining a high level of accuracy in accordance with Firm’s House style and Best Practice Guidelines, proof reading and correcting the quality of your work without prompting. Ability to carry out routine legal forms, documents and letters independently for approval by the fee earner.
- To respond to internal/external telephone queries, ensuring telephones are covered at all times. Ensuring that every telephone call is handled in a polite, efficient and professional manner presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other parties. Monitoring telephone calls and voicemail facilities for fee earners in their absence, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- Manage fee earner diaries using Microsoft Outlook to include client appointments, internal and external meetings, client and business lunches
- Good understanding of money laundering requirements and ability to complete money laundering documentation for client and matter opening, ensuring that correct documentation is obtained from the client
- File all hard copy and electronic documents, correspondence and documentation accurately and in a timely manner ensuring that there is no backlog.
- Ensuring that file structures are strictly maintained.
- Involvement in Billing and WIP management, assisting in the production of bills and liaising with the Finance Team to ensure correctness.
- Producing legal bundles, document organisation, indexing and assembly of files for checking with guidance by fee earner.
- Involvement in the production of PowerPoint presentations for tenders, business development and presentations using the firm’s house style template.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials, liaising with the Marketing and Business Development Team for this purpose.
- Ensure that archiving is carried out on a monthly basis in accordance with Best Practice Guidelines.
- Assist fee earners with their credit control function, liaising with relevant central credit controllers to increase cash collection.
- General administration e.g. faxes, making up paper files and hangers, photocopying, binding, laminating, expense claims etc.
- Organise fee earner business travel and accommodation in line with the Firm’s Travel Policy where required.
- Assist in developing relationships with internal clients and their assistants/secretaries.
- Provide assistance to fee earners in managing their business interests outside of the LLP where there are direct links with the Firm.
- To actively assist others without the need for prompting.
- Willingness to take on additional roles to assist in the smooth running of the business.
- To support and offer guidance to other members of the secretarial team and work collaboratively with them to complete work to a high standard and required deadlines
- Manage any problems or situations in a professional manner as they arise asking for help where necessary.
- Share information, knowledge and experience with others to improve the performance of the team as a whole, however, confidentiality must be respected.
- Contribute positively to the creating of an environment of mutual respect, support and trust where individuals and their contribution are valued and recognised
Full time permanent position
Salary £18-21,000 depending on experience.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]