We are recruiting for a Legal Cashier for a law firm in Liverpool.
To support the Company in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance in Cashier / Book – Keeping duties.
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system together with monthly payroll and salary payments.
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
- To assist in the entering of bills.
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
- To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
- To complete daily bank reconciliations for both office and client accounts
- To ensure all Payment of all taxes due to HMRC in a timely manner
- To manage the Provision of information/reports to the Management Team as requested
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
- To ensure that all authorized invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by cash or cheque.
- Recent practical experience of accounts administration and payroll.
- Working knowledge of computers and software with good keyboard skills.
- Working knowledge of Proclaim
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of credit control.
- Experience of working in a legal environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]