ACS are now recruiting a Legal Assistant to work in a Liverpool law firm.
- Assist in progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR, and SLAs in place.
- Deal with queries on files or escalate in a timely manner to supervisor
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay and/or insurance clients and documented
- Drafting and taking statements
- Locating and Instructing Experts
- Assisting case handler to prepare for Joint Settlement Meetings
- Attending conferences
- Assisting case handler in all aspects of running an SI case
- Delivering a client focused service
- Collating records, instructing Counsel, preparing court proceedings and providing general help and assistance on litigated files as and when required
- To obtain relevant and necessary evidence (medical or otherwise), liaising with medical experts with guidance and supervision from file handler
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from clients and documented
- Prioritise Court directions and assist file handler to ensure all directions are complied with in a timely manner
- Build an excellent relationship with clients to ensure effective and regular communication is provided and a review request is made at the end of the case.
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Maths and English GCSE minimum grade B/6 or above
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a file handling role.
- Attending on clients, advising, and legal research, preparing legal documents, reviewing medical records, instructing experts, drafting court documents, preparing for and attending conferences. Maintaining a court diary. Ensuring case plans are up to date and all directions hearings are diarised and notified to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Helping with the investigation of liability, causation and quantum issues.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of VF or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]