We are looking for a part time Legal Accounts Clerk to join an accounts team based on the Wirral.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Completing all types of financial transactions and billing for client and office
- related matters and to ensure that all such transactions comply with the
- Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
- Issuing and banking of cheques.
- Daily banking.
- Organising payments of office expenditure.
- Posting receipts and payments.
- Payment of bills.
- Assisting with completion of VAT returns.
- Checking and posting of bills/costs.
- Assisting with month/year end reconciliations and reports.
- Assisting with credit control procedures and processes.
- To assist with archiving files and administration of archiving.
- Ensuring that all bank accounts, both client and office, are properly reconciled
- in a timely manner including identifying and resolving any differences.
- Carrying out credit/debit card transactions (including resolving any queries
- with fee earners) and to deal with the day end reconciliation of these
- Ensuring that all interest due to clients is calculated and properly dealt with
- including individual and quarterly payments..
- Ensuring that all financial documents, dockets and any other financial records
- are properly filed and kept secure.
- Ensuring confidentiality and security of all firm’s and clients’
The right candidate will have,
- Experience in legal accounts and knowledge of Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
- Experience of archiving and archiving administration.
- Experience of credit control policies.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to form good relationships with customers and colleagues and to work
- as part of an effective team.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
This is a permanent part time role (2 days a week)
Salary – £15-18k Pro Rata
For more information please contact [email protected]