IT Support Assistant
We are currently looking for an IT Support Assistant /Administration Clerk to assist all general IT and Administration duties of our clients firm on Merseyside.
The role will include helping to ensure the smooth running of the computer system and network infrastructure and will mainly be based in the IT Department with some general administration duties included for the firm
Overall IT Duties will include
- Assist with the day to day duties of the IT department.
- Assist with general maintenance of office equipment (photocopiers, faxes, mobiles etc).
- Configure, install or move any computers or other peripherals.
- Maintaining cabinet patch cabling.
- Carry out computer ‘housekeeping’ tasks.
- Liaise with external software/hardware/support companies both for IT and communications.
- Keep inventory of hardware and maintenance records.
- Setting up telephones onsite.
- Logging all IT problems and resolutions.
- Attend Department meetings as required by the Head of I.T.
- Any other ancillary duties pertaining to the job as requested by the Head of IT or Management Team.
- Assisting with maintaining the telephone system including amending and updating said
- Maintaining SPAM whitelists.
- Case Management Programming (when trained).
- Keep abreast of IT technology, maintain library of information.
- Input into IT acceptable use policy development.
General Administration Duties will include
- Managing postal duties.
- Filing, photocopying, scanning post on a daily basis.
- Booking couriers/visits/conferences/video links.
- Updating of contact lists.
- To assist with health and safety.
- General office tidiness.
- Assisting the Operations departments with various administration duties this includes Practice Management, Accounts and Marketing.
- Scheduling meeting rooms and providing refreshments.
- Collecting and distributing post and court deliveries.
- Data entry.
- Creating and maintaining updates of standard documents for files.
- Accurate diary usage and updating the case management system.
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of the office.
- To assist with supplies control (stationery, refreshments and general supplies).
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, the attributes required are:
- Strong IT and Administration skills.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi task and prioritise workloads.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT related information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Relays relevant IT related information to the company in a timely manner.
- The ability to forward plan is essential.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines agreed and set.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, friendly, helpful and self motivated.
- To be motivated, enthusiastic and take a proactive approach to work.
- To use own initiative but to understand the role of teamwork in providing a quality service.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- High levels of confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
- Well presented, punctual, confident, friendly, helpful and self – motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to form good relationships with customers and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]