We are looking for an Information Governance Assistant to provide a broad range of administrative support within the Information Governance team. The pattern of work can change due to business demands and urgent requests for information; however, statutory / regulatory deadlines must be met at all times.
The role will include but not be limited to
- administrative support for internal policy management, codes of practice and other forms of guidance
- collating and coordinating information around information assets, data lifespan, retention / disposition etc
- close liaison with risk and regulatory / compliance functions
- information privacy, including ensuring effective responses to requests under the Data Protection Act, and maintaining an accurate and up to date register of information requests under the Act.
- co-ordinating responses to data subject information access requests under the Data Protection Act, and other relevant responses and submissions (eg NHS IG Toolkit)
- degree or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (information governance / data protection / risk management / compliance etc)
- excellent IT skills, including MS Office, document management systems, databases etc
- understanding of issues and solutions relating to frameworks for the management / governance of information of all types
- effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, across a wide audience from senior lawyers to administrative support staff.
- knowledge of the Data Protection Act and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- experience within a professional services and / or regulated environment
This is a 6 month contract with a view to going permanent.
For more information please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd (www.acs-recruitment.co.uk)are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.