In House Advocate
ACS are looking to recruit an in-house Advocate for a law firm on Merseyside.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- To play an active role in developing and delivering advocacy training for trainee solicitors and other legal advisers, working alongside the Legal Training Department.
- To explore and develop the role to encompass further areas where Carpenters can offer advocacy services as part of its offering to source clients.
- To manage a small caseload through all stages of the investigation and litigation process.
- To be responsible for the provision of advocacy arising from cases within the legal departments.
- To be able to provide advice to legal advisers and managers on the best format to present cases at Court.
- To undertake advocacy requirements arising within all of the firm’s Legal Departments, and to ensure the provision of a high quality, efficient and cost effective service.
- To assist in developing appropriate processes and documentation for the case management system in relation to representation at Court.
- To identify cases where commercially it would be tactically advantageous to settle or proceed to a final hearing.
- To provide advice, research, analysis and drafting where required.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs and issuing, without compromising the firm’s integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
- To provide guidance on technical issues involving quantum, liability and litigation to other members of the Legal Departments.
- Keep up to date with all industry changes including case law, legislation and other matters of relevance.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To highlight any potential risks to management.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- Solicitor or Member/Fellow of CILEx, or working to achieve the same within 18 months of appointment.
- A solid working knowledge of the CPR, legislation and relevant case law
- At least 2 years experience of undertaking advocacy on a regular basis.
- Having undertaken the BVC or have Higher Rights of Audience
- Experience of undertaking Stage 3 and Infant Approval Hearings.
- Excellent advocate and litigator with strong drafting skills and the ability to recognise issues as they arise and provide commercial sound solutions.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.