Holiday Illness Claims Handler
ACS are recruiting for a Claims Handler for the Holiday Illness team of our clients Cheshire based firm.
To represent clients who have suffered with an illness whilst on a holiday abroad in order to obtain compensation effectively on their behalf.
- Vetting the claim to ensure relevant criteria is met in relation to liability, causation and quantum
- Instructing medical experts
- Monitoring claims on a daily basis and taking appropriate action where necessary
- Instructing and corresponding with foreign experts in relation to local standard reports.
- Arranging for the translation of foreign documentation
- Sending out relevant letters to clients, witnesses, employers, etc.
- Assess and review booking documentation
- Action Tasks on a daily basis
- Inbound and outbound client contact throughout their claim
- Reviewing medical records, medical reports etc.
- To prepare and calculate Schedules of Loss setting out losses incurred as a result of the illness including loss of enjoyment of the holiday
- Liaising with Insurance Companies verbally and written
- Carrying out checks on the internet such as Trip advisor and newspapers for similar illnesses
- To successfully settle the client’s compensation claim when appropriate
- Issuing and managing litigated files
- Instructing and corresponding with Counsel
- Legal Knowledge of Pre-Action Protocol and Court Process along with knowledge of Court Documents
- Software: Word, Outlook, Excel, Proclaim
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and admin skills
- Communication skills: written and verbal
- Ability to work individually or part as a team
- Research and investigative skills
- Legal knowledge of running a caseload and the Pre-Action Protocol applicable to claims outside of England and Wales
- Internal and external documentation and claims handling processes
- Claims Industry dealing with both non-litigated
- PC use
- Telephone Use
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]