Health Litigation Paralegal
Our client is currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join the Health Litigation team at their Merseyside based firm.
The role holder may assist with expert instruction claims and will also assist other fee earners within the team with their caseloads, with a view to potentially taking on their own litigated claims once familiar with the client’s requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to,
- Considering liability and quantum issues
- Considering whether to settle claims in conjunction with the advice of ourselves/ the NHSLA / reporting to the Trust’s legal services manager on these points
- Drafting witness statements
- Drafting internal reports
- Considering pleadings including Defences and Counter Schedules, arranging signature
- Assessing quantum
- Some prior experience preferred in clinical negligence and EL PL claims
- The ability to work independently in addition to as part of a team
- Demonstrates understanding of client needs/expectations
- Ability to interact and communicate with client and keep them up-to-date
- Excellent communication skills
- Undertake client secondments
- Ability to deliver technically accurate and appropriate advice to clients
- Ability to work to deadlines and run an effective diary system
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Shows commercial awareness in understanding of the market and sector
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd (www.acs-recruitment.co.uk)are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.