ACS are now recruiting a family solicitor, working in a busy office in Manchester!
Full Time – part-time considered
Salary on experience
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the quality and professional standards.
- Use the firm’s case management system in place, ensuring that diary dates are observed.
- Keep up to date with Family Law, attend seminars and comply with the firms training requirements.
- Using delegated powers where appropriate.
- Briefing Counsel where necessary.
- Use and comply with the online CCMS system.
- Composing letters for dictation including files notes/telephone notes etc.
Knowledge/experience/skills required to fill the position
- Able to acquire knowledge of the firm’s structure, administration system, ethics and procedures as set out in the firm’s manual and to put that knowledge to practical use in the adoption of those procedures.
- Experience as a fee earner in Family Law.
- Experience in advising clients, attending court including advocacy.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the Legal Aid Agency.
- Display a courteous, helpful, telephone manner, being competent to receive some telephone instructions from clients and to give case updates.