ACS are looking for a Solicitor to join the Family department of a law firm in Liverpool.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- To provide first rate legal advice to clients;
- To actively promote the firm and all its service in order to attract new business;
- To nurture relationships with existing clients in order to maintain and develop work;
- To contribute towards the effective management of risk by carrying out regular risk assessments on all matters, efficient file management and by providing excellent client care;
- To actively participate in departmental meetings, suggesting improvements to our services where appropriate;
- To charge the rate defined by the Management Board / Head of Department for services;
- To ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures and those laid out by regulatory bodies such as the Law Society and CILEX are complied with fully at all times;
- To endeavour to improve knowledge and skills where appropriate;
- To keep accurate and up to date records of time, money, bills etc.
- To issue and collect bills in accordance with the Firm’s billing and credit control policies;
- To avoid write offs as far as possible and to disclose them immediately if they are necessary;
- To disclose any claims and complaints or potential complaints promptly.
- To supervise less experienced members of the firm and/or secretarial staff;
- To actively assist other members of the department where appropriate, notably in providing cover for holidays etc.
- Minimum of 3 years Post Qualification Experience
- Law Society Children and/or Advanced Family Panel experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Legal skills
- Marketing and commercial awareness
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]