ACS are recruiting for a Family Solicitor to join an established firm in Newcastle.
Your duties will include,
- To work within such area or areas of Law as shall from time to time be agreed with the Partners;
- To advise, assist and represent clients or the firm, acting at all times in accordance with the proper professional standards, and observing at all times the Professional Rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- To participate fully in any time recording system, and to observe and apply fully any file management procedures as shall be in operation within the firm;
- To ensure that the billing of files is carried out efficiently and at the earliest opportunity;
- To participate in supervision sessions in respect of your caseload as and when reasonably required;
- To carry out effectively and efficiently such administrative tasks as shall be reasonably requested by the Partners or the Practice Support Manager;
- To provide such advice, supervision and training to all staff as shall be reasonably required by the Partners;
- To liaise closely and appropriately with, and to be considerate to, the secretary assigned to work with you;
- To attend and participate in, meetings within the firm as and when reasonably required;
- To participate effectively and efficiently in the out of hours rota if required to do so in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your employment;
- To carry out such tasks commensurate with the job title “Solicitor” as are reasonably requested from time to time by the Partners or the Practice Support Manager
- To immediately advise the Partners of any disciplinary action by the LeO or restriction on your Practising Certificate.
A range of personal qualities/skills are required, including the following:
- An empathy for, and understanding of, the problems faced by our clients;
- An ability to identify problems and their attainable solutions;
- An ability to think clearly and logically, and to articulate your views;
- An ability to work under pressure, and to respond to crises;
- An acceptance of the need to work outside normal office hours as and when required;
- An ability to work both within a team and on your own initiative;
- An ability to manage your caseload efficiently, competently and cost-effectively;
- Honesty, tolerance, common sense, energy and sense of humour.
- Admitted or eligible for admission to the Roll
- 5 Years+ PQE
- Other relevant achievements/ Qualifications eg accreditation, membership of panels relevant to the specific post.
- Appropriate work experience (5 years PQE in private finance law)
- Experience of full range of Family Work including advocacy and Family DR (where appropriate to the post advertised)
- Involvement with local voluntary or business organisations or professional family law organisations
- Detailed knowledge of applicable area of law
- Ability to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Personal work planning and organisational skills
- Ability to think clearly & logically & communicate clearly orally and in writing
- Good command of written & oral English
- Ability to identify problems & their solutions & work on own initiative
- Ability to manage own caseload
- Effective use of IT
- Knowledge and understanding of our ethos
- Commitment to publicly funded work and serving the community
- Active interest in what we do and how we do it – empathy & understanding of problems faced by our clients
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]