We are currently looking for an ambitious Family Solicitor/CFILEx to work in our clients firm in Merseyside.
Duties will included:
- Fee Earning – running a caseload of family matters including divorce, ancillary relief, private children matters and care proceedings.
- Financial/Fees management – ensuring fees are managed at all times. Financial management and ensuring all case fees are collected. To work alongside and support other Supervisors in the department on financial management.
- Compliance matters – to ensure the internal business system standards are adhered to at all times.
- Training – Organising training to achieve all standards required. To assist with the training and development of other team members.
- IT – to assist with achieving IT strategic goals maximising efficiency and utilisation. To support the implementation and continued development of the new IT processes.
- Business development and marketing – building relationships and connections across the country to develop and maintain the supply of work and coordination of cases with other connected parties. Sourcing, developing & maintaining relationships with guardians, counsel and experts. Negotiating fees where required. Drafting blogs and articles, engaging with marketing and PR exercises.
Attributes required are:
- Experienced Family Solicitor/CFILEx.
- Qualified as a Supervisor.
- Experienced within technical areas with the ability to run cases under limited supervision.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced department working to strict deadlines.
- An excellent knowledge of the financial aspects of private billing, legal aid billing and LAA rules.
- Ability to work on own initiative with excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Excellent IT skills with ability to utilise/improve a case management system.
- Commercial attitude with ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm. Actively networking and raising the profile of the department/firm locally, attending local/ regional functions and events.
For more information please contact [email protected]