We are currently looking for a Legal Clerk for the Family department of our clients Wirral based offices.
Duties will include.
Fee Earning – Assisting and running a caseload of family matters including divorce, ancillary relief, private children matters and care proceedings.
Financial/Fees management – Ensuring fees are managed at all times. Financial management and ensuring all case fees are collected.
Compliance matters – To ensure the internal business system standards are adhered to at all times.
Training – Organising training to achieve all standards required. To assist with the training and development of other team members.
Business planning – To assist with reviewing and achieving strategic goals, researching, planning and improving the department’s business processes and staff to maximise efficiency and utilisation. To work alongside and support other Team Leaders, Supervisors, Costs Team, Head of Departments, Practice Director, Partners and support departments, such as Marketing, IT and Accounts to ensure strategic goals are achieved. To keep abreast of latest developments in case law, costings and billing practices, LAA and MoJ developments and market trends.
IT – To assist with achieving IT strategic goals maximising efficiency and utilisation. To support the implementation and continued development of the new IT processes.
Successful candidates must have,
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced department working to strict deadlines.
• An excellent knowledge of the financial aspects of private billing, legal aid billing and LAA rules.
• Ability to work on own initiative with excellent customer service skills.
• Commercial attitude with ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
• The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm. Actively networking and raising the profile of the department/firm locally, attending local/ regional functions and events.
• Well organised, with a clear and professional telephone manner.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
• Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
• Excellent IT skills with ability to utilise/improve a case management system.
• Well presented, enthusiastic, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
• Professional, articulate with good sales skills and be comfortable persuading prospective clients of the benefits of instructing our firm and be adept at obtaining funds.
• Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]