Our client is looking for a Family Clerk/Paralegal for their firm in Liverpool.
To assist Partners and assistant Solicitors in the provision of legal services to clients.
Key Tasks will include,
- To assist Team in the conduct of files
- Interview clients and take initial instructions in simple, straight forward matters.
- Obtain clients instructions in straightforward cases, updating fee earners as appropriate.
- Conduct cases under supervision.
- Prepare bundles of documents for final hearings and ensure correctly indexed and paginated.
- Book counsel and arrange conferences and meetings.
- Check enclosures for briefs
- To maintain at all times good professional and ethical standards in dealing with clients, other solicitors and other persons and Agencies.
- To ensure that clients are kept fully informed as to the progress of their matter and of the costs position.
- To keep appraised of any developments and changes in the areas of work in which you are engaged.
- To attend Departmental and Team meetings and such Training courses as approved by the Training Partner.
- To participate in an annual appraisal and 6 month review of the overall performance of your duties and to assess training and development requirements.
- To review monthly printouts produced by Accounts department of each file and to take appropriate action.
- To review profit cost figures against targets and to ensure that bills are rendered on a client’s matter promptly.
- To carry out any other reasonably similar duty as may from time to time be required by the persons to whom you are responsible including the covering of absence of other fee earners within your department.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]