ACS are recruiting for a Paralegal for the Enforcement team of Liverpool based firm.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Understanding the standard and indemnity basis of costs. With knowledge of standard costs, predictive/portal and fixed cost regimes including what costs we are entitled to and at what stage
- Knowledge and utilisation of Part 36 and the said consequences
- Working closely with Finance/Accounts Dept. to ensure payments received within agreed specified time periods
- Drafting Part 7 and/or Part 8 proceedings for the recovery of damages and costs
- Understanding and utilising case management software and costs drafting software/programs
- Undertaking negotiations to ensure swift payment of damages and costs
- Preparing Applications, witness statements and supporting evidence
- Instructing HCE and liaising to a successful resolution
- Providing quality work on an efficient basis ensuring SLA’s are met
- Attaining and achieving set targets
- Understanding and utilising different case law in disputes as and when necessary
- Keeping up to date with costs law and changes
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and computer literate
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to present information simply and accurately, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work methodically to deal with a constant flow of work that requires a fast turnaround
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Ability to work on own initiative and potential to work without supervision
- Ability to plan/organise work for yourself
- Ability to assist other team members when required.
- Good telephone manner
- Legible handwriting
- Computer literate
- Commitment to providing a high quality and speedy service to clients
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd (www.acs-recruitment.co.uk)are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.