Acs Recruitment Consultants are currently recruiting for a Defendant Paralegal to join our clients established, fast paced firm based in the heart of Warrington.
Supporting a specialist team of solicitors and fee earners you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support.
You will be a defendant paralegal with experience handling your own files ideally in a defendant role.
Due to the nature of the work these claims are fiercely defended so litigation experience is essential.
Professional development is actively encouraged and training contracts are eligible to be secured internally for those paralegals who are able to demonstrate the requisite skills and attitude.
In return you will be given the opportunity to handle a varied caseload within a small and collaborative team.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Dealing with third party personal injury intervention
- Dealing with personal injury claims under the rules of the MOJ regime
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis
- Liaising with the insurer client and broker
- Ensuring a fair settlement for the third party in the event of a claim
- Communicating with both sides to ensure that the client is receiving excellent service
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Willing to assist with administrative duties to include filing and making payments
- Case management system experience essential
- Working knowledge of Proclaim (desirable)
- Possibility of training contract for right person subject to performance and feasibility
- Some exposure to motor fraud
- Litigation experience (desirable)
- The ideal candidate will preferably have a related law degree with possible LPC.
- Meticulous with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner with a professional attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and able to handle own caseload.
- Excellent customer service and IT skills.
- Confident and flexible approach to work.
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing and database management
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Proven experience of producing legal and non legal documents and correspondence
- Proven experience in information and communication managemen
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- High level of attention to detail
- Planning and organisational skills
- Time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own and use initiative
- Polite helpful manner
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]