Defendant Legal Advisor
We are recruiting a Defendant Legal Advisor in Haywards Heath.
Successful candidate’s responsibilities will include;
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated Defence personal injury claims, including RTA claims, and pursuing Part 20 claims on behalf of clients when appropriate
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
- Have a working knowledge and where appropriate advise on/progress claims involving technical arguments such as indemnity/RTA/Article 75 Insurer issues, resiling from admissions, and pursuing non-parties to litigation.
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant insurance clients.
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay clients.
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to fee income, closures and issuing.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]