We are recruiting for a Defendant Injury Handler for our clients firm in Warrington.
Main purpose of job:
- Responsible to review and maintain a caseload of pre-litigated / litigated Multi-Track cases, with a view to ensuring adequate reserving is in place according to current file status, increase / decrease reserving accordingly upon settlements or new information.
- Escalate cases exceeding own authority level, act under referral authority accordingly, report and actively contribute case findings to support management information requirements for the overall scheme.
- You will be responsible for your own caseload of high value, large or catastrophic loss personal injury claims and any associated special damages.
- You will work under own authority in accordance with a set referral authority and criteria – fast track and multi- track cases. Cases in excess of authority will need to be referred under referral to the Defendant Scheme Manager.
- Evaluation of cases may include potential periodical payment requests, communicating via telephone ( Incoming & Outbound Calls) and written correspondence with other solicitors, insurers, clients, witnesses, repairers, engineers, third party representatives, medical experts, forensic accountants, counsel, courts, police and other agencies to facilitate the progression of the case file.
- Main objective is to seek settlement of your cases as quickly as possible, whilst ensuring the desired quality of handling and TCF requirements are met consistently at a high standard.
- To identify, through use of specific identification criteria any cases that give suspicion of Fraud and refer accordingly to the Defendant Scheme Manager.
Successful Candidate must have,
- 5 years experience of managing your own caseload of defendant Multi-Track / Large Loss personal injury claims with exceptional technical knowledge, gained preferably from within an Insurer or Solicitor background
- Sound knowledge of the CPR, Pre Action Protocols, Personal Injury Protocol and litigation procedures
- MOJ portal experience
- Computer literate and able to use comfortably, Microsoft Excel, Word. Previous experience of Proclaim or similar in house case management system is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self starter, initiative
- Team player
- Confident of own abilities
- ACII qualified or significant progress towards would be a distinct advantage
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]