ACS are now recruiting a Defence Fee Earner to work within a Liverpool law firm
- Maintain pro- active communication with clients (lay and insurance) to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
- Obtain all relevant documentation from clients at the outset.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Maximising savings for insurer clients
- Ensure that the risk of Judgements is minimised
- Ensure all MI is up to date and accurate
- Maximising settlements and profitability of each claim
- Build a relationship with clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the Firm and the service it provides
- Ensure that reserves are accurate and kept up to date at all times in line with the insurer clients reserving philosophy
- This work is non delegated so the candidate must ensure that any relevant insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims to reduce any potential exposure/liability/leakage and to maximise savings for the insurer
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner.
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 5 years’ experience in the personal injury field.
- Experience with and previous exposure to handling large loss claims
- A proven track record of running a successful multi track defence caseload within a personal injury environment.
- The ability to liaise and build up a rapport by using effective communication with all external agencies during the life of a claim including medical agencies, investigators, barristers etc.
- Good IT skills with a sound working knowledge of Solcase or a similar case management system and essential MS Office knowledge.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with a calm and methodical approach to work, and a flexible and adaptable attitude to resolving issues.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]