We are currently recruiting for a Cost Enforcer on behalf of our client on Merseyside.
Successful candidates must,
- Have an ability to issue applications for agreed costs, Part 7 enforcement proceedings, and/or Part 8 enforcement proceedings
- Preparation of MOJ cost calculations and costs schedules as and when needed.
- Keep a note of and monitor any files transferred to alternative solicitors, chase and recover costs when appropriate.
- Have the ability to Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings etc.
- Liaise with external enforcement agents and /or costs draftsmen as necessary
- Bill clients for outstanding fees as and when necessary
- Monitor and recover where necessary any historical debt and/or outstanding disbursements
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to recovery of costs and litigation/cost risks.
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to fee income, closures and issuing, etc.
- Escalate any matters to Head of Costs as and when necessary.
- Ensure recovery of outstanding costs and damages
- Ensure that any relevant costs target is met
- Maintain pro- active communication with clients.
- Escalate cost matters as and when necessary.
- Prioritise incoming daily post/emails and dealing with anything needing urgent attention while the remainder of the post is dealt with expeditiously and in order of importance and productivity
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]