ACS re recruiting for a Cost Draftsperson for a law firm in Liverpool.
The role involves dealing predominantly with both adverse costs claims on multi track matters.
This role requires a self-starter with the confidence to work autonomously, working on files from start to finish.
Responsible for the management of a varied caseload the individual will be reviewing bills of costs, drafting points of dispute, drafting schedules of costs, bills of costs/budgets, negotiating costs to settlement, preparing and ideally attending CCMCs/detailed assessment hearings if required.
- Experience working as a Costs Draftsperson handling your own caseload
- Experience of commercial and/or clinical negligence costs
- Up to date knowledge of the CPR and legislation
- Management of own caseload
- Experience of drafting points of dispute, points of reply, costs budgets and bills of costs, IT literate, particularly Excel, to include knowledge of using Costsmaster
- Excellent communication, organisation and research skills
- Adherence to guidelines and procedures
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A flexible approach to work